Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict
Opposition - Jennifer L. Armentrout

Maybe it was the fact that I just moved into a new home and wasn't able to spend a whole lot of time reading (which leads to some seriously disjointed reading spurts) that caused me to find this book extremely boring. I was very tempted to skip the whole ending altogether. I was in the verge of doing just that until I read many reviews touting the awesomeness of this series's ending...soooooo....I trudged on and in the end.....it was merely Ok. It was a best case scenario-type ending which seemed unrealistic and forced. Overly saccharine endings are rough to swallow but forced sugary sweet endings are like sandpaper to the soul. At the end of this series I find myself looking back at the previous books and deducting points for wanting my time back. This whole series is a 3-3.5 star series. In other words they are easy/quick/brainless reads with not a lot of substance. No danger of a book hangover here.