Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict
The Summer Solstice: Enchanted - K.K. Allen

The story was satisfying and written well (although not as lyrical as many reviewers have claimed), but not groundbreaking in the least. The characters were well developed and very likeable. The pacing was nice, no lagging or rushed scenes. The magic wasn't revealed right away and Kat doesn't have instant mastery over her abilities which made it feel authentic. This is the writer's debut novel which happens to be a lot better than many first timers I have read but as I said, there wasn't anything groundbreaking about the story. It kept my attention throughout and the budding romance was not too sugary sweet or insta- love. The book was just getting into the juicy bits when it ended rather abruptly, a good tactic to ensure you will seek out the next in the series (which I will most likely check out). All in all Summer Solstice was an easygoing, light, enjoyable read.