Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict
Afterworld (Orion Rezner Chronicles, #1) - Michael James Ploof

~~~Not A Strong 4 Stars but Def. Worth More Than 3~~~

I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. That being said, this book was a whole lot of fun! It promised a cornucopia of creatures including: Vampires, Werewolves, Shape Shifters, Ghosts, Witches/Warlocks, various survivors of the virus that wiped out 99% of the population named Witnesses, Elites and Cain along with Priests exhibiting extraordinary powers, Demons and last but certainly not least a bad a$$ snarky monkey named Dude. For the most part it delivers though we never get to meet the Vamps, Werewolves, Shape Shifters and Elites in book #1. Still this post apocalyptic book is action packed and chock full of references to 80's and 90's pop culture (both witty and  dated) which could have easily backfired. There were some words left out here and there but the quick paced/easy flow made up for whatever editing problems I ran across. The character development and world building were good but nothing groundbreaking though it definitely provided an excellent foundation for what I believe will turn out to be a VERY entertaining series.