Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict
Division of the Marked - March McCarron

HOLLY $H!T this was an AWESOME book! What an amazing way to start the new year's reading. Fundamentally this is a book about randomly selected people, who are distinguished by a mark upon their necks, that acquire unique gifts/powers. It is actually about SO much more! It is about friendship, love  betrayal, discerning various ways of being strong and/or weak, tradition as well as the petty differences that keep people from working together. The character development was so deep that everyone of the characters elicited visceral (sometimes infuriating) responses....you love and detest the appropriate characters with equal fervor. The world building is seamless and addictive. I read as slowly as possible in order to savor it as long as possible and I am EXTREMELY happy that the next book in the series is already available. Is this a book for absolutely everyone? Probably not but it was surprisingly impressive to me. Did I mention that it was FREE for Kindle? What a an astounding gem!