Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict
The Commons: Book 1: The Journeyman (Volume 1) - Michael Alan Peck

I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review and let me tell you that I am one lucky book junkie. After having read this, I would have gladly paid full price for the privilege!

This is an unbelievably unique Good vs Evil Matrix like tale set in what many would call Purgatory, though known by many other names as well. It is fundamentally the journey of an ignorant/reluctant prophet and his merry band of kick a$$ sidekicks who must restore the balance of Essence in the entire Afterworld after first navigating his way to the end of his own journey. "there is no god to lift us up, we rise or fall together."

The writing is great, the differing POVs work nicely (which is not usually the case with dueling POV stories), the world and character development are extremely imaginative and unique! Pick up this book and delve into the quirky unknown!  Yes this story was a bit confusing at first in no small part due to its Twilight Zone/Matrix vibe. Once the pieces started to converge, the story took off at a brisk pace and commandeered all of my attention until the very end -well into the wee hours of the morning.

"beware the soft-spoken when secrets are kept, for they hear what the Thunderers do not"