Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict
Glassford Girl (Emily Heart Time Jumper Series) (Volume 1) - Jay J. Falconer

I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I wanted to like this book SO much more than I did. It was a quick (2.5ish hours) read. The writing is very straightforward and a tad bland in areas. The world building was not outstanding though the character development showed much more promise. I LOVE Time Travel books!!! They are like candy to me but this one wasn't an intricate lattice of tantalizing Scientific jargon, no rich chocolaty goodness of experiencing/tampering with history and no sugary touches of quantum mechanics at all. This was more like a mini Kit Kat, sweet enough to tempt the taste buds but nowhere near substantial enough to feel satiated. I gave more stars than I had originally planned due to its unique explanation for the time travel phenomenon. I'm hoping that the next book sets more of a solid foundation for the rest of the series.