Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict
Scarlet and the Dragon's Burden (The Scarlet Hopewell Series Book 2) - Brandon Charles West

I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. I must admit that I am so enamored with this series that I would have gladly paid for it.

Book#2 of Scarlet and The Keepers Of Light series is a gifted second voyage back into the magical, and quasi non-magical, worlds of Mr. Brandon West. I say gifted because that's exactly how it felt. It felt like a beautifully written, expertly executed literary gem that was meticulously polished and wrapped with boundless love placed delicately in my (eReader) lap. This book is another magical adventure rollercoaster pitting good vs evil (and all the gray areas in between). There is political intrigue and betrayals so devastatingly vile that coming back from it seems too great to even dare hope. Who is the enemy exactly? Are our facts so skewed that we are actually rooting for the wrong people? The same awesome characters are joined this time with: a clan of feast loving fun seeking Dwarfs ready to go to war and kick some evil butt, a wise old (cynical) ruby scaled dragon with untold wells of ancient knowledge and some swashbuckling magic wielding pirates. This book has Scarlet learning new and amazing magic as well as gaining some unexpected allies and unwittingly building herself an army. This book is a bit darker than the first but still soundly in the Middle Grade reading zone.