Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict
The Stillness of the Sky: A Flipped Fairy Tale (Flipped Fairy Tales) - Starla Huchton, Jennifer Melzer

"Never discount the impact of the smallest kindness" for "Kindness given is kindness returned"

This book started off at a crawl but picked up its pace steadily and was a fun read in the end. It is all about the power of kindness and an unimaginable "change brought about because of a single act of kindness and a wish", albeit an incredible wish by an abused, naive, and stubbornly kind girl. The writing style was lyrical, had a fairytale like tone, a soothing resonance and all around beauty. The world building and character developement were intricate and executed artfully. She created a world not only occupied by humans but by Witches, Giants, magical relics, magical Bards, royal intrigue and more. It preaches the need for unconditional Kindness as well as Hope (not in a hippie kind of way) and left me wishing to see such wonder in our world along with giving me the warm fuzzies. All in all a relatively sluggish read but a fun one nonetheless.