Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict
A Pair of Docks - Jennifer   Ellis

I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

That being said I must start off by saying that this was not a smooth read for me. At first I was slightly bored and finding myself drifting off thinking of other things. Somewhere around the 60% mark things started picking up and I found myself not only engrossed but at the end of the book I  rushed to Amazon and excitedly purchased the next book in the series.

A Pair Of Docks is a really good read for young adults and even many old fogies like me. There are many many (too many in my opinion) references to physics terms and laws thrown into the lead character's inner dialogues that made it seem disjointed and forced. Abbey's intelligence was described as being massive and yet there are still many instances of the author telling us instead of showing us. To me this was a minor inconvenience and I loved the message to young girl readers regarding the lead heroine's strong character. The science of possible interspace travel, traveling multiple timelines and multiple futures seemed plausible and even the paranormal element didn't seem to detract from the very firm scientific foundation that was previously established. The writing is really very good and the world building and character development are excellent. All in all an entertaining YA read.