Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict
Mistborn Trilogy Boxed Set - Brandon Sanderson

I know that my review might be seen as blasphemous and that I will probably be flogged by many for not only giving this trilogy 2 stars but not finishing it altogether. I'm not sure if I set the bar too high due to the voluminous accolades it continues to receive or whether it was due to the fact that my husband and I read these in small chunks every night before bed together but this trilogy was SOOO mind numbingly long winded that I had to give up on it. It got to the point where I'd be exhausted from the day and still dreading bedtime because I had to face this trilogy again. So after I plead and pleaded to the hubby that we give up the ghost he finally gave in to my begging at the 73% mark in the trilogy. I did go to Wikipedia to finally get some long overdo answers and even then I rejoiced knowing that had I kept with it I'd be seriously disappointed anyway. Most people liken this series to many of my favorites including the much beloved Lightbringer series or The Name Of The Wind which is a travesty because in my opinion Sanderson is in no way remotely in the same league as Patrick Rothfuss but again I probably have said too much. If you are directed to this series after reading something epic (like those I have mentioned or more) please be warned that you are in for a world of boredom with extremely rare bouts of Meh! I know a lot of you really enjoyed this series so it pains me to hit post on this review, I have always been told not to Yuck someone's Yumm, but I wished someone would have given me advanced warning.