Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict
Type2 - Alicia Hendley

~~~~~4.5 Stars~~~~~

**I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review**

Having said that, I cannot express enough that I would have GLADLY paid for this one. In fact I found the premise so interesting I sprung $10 for book #1 to make certain that I was getting the full experience instead of coming in on the story mid way. The character development was just as good as the first book. Type2 saw the poignant quotes starting off each chapter removed, a feature I absolutely loved in book#1, but each chapters' content was so good I hardly noticed it after a while. The pacing was a bit slow to start but it picked up about 25% in and held me hostage all the way through. The characters and the situations they found themselves in were written so that you couldn't help but sympathize with them and cheer them on, or in many cases loathe their existance and pray for their demise. Type and Type2 are very much reminiscent of the popular series Divergent. The cautionary forewarnings of  personality caste seperations along with the dangers of giving away ones power and freedoms are definitely similar in both books though the writing styles are vastly different. I was a little reticent about getting into a series with a prepubescent protagonist little girl. I am very happy to say that I was utterly wrong, Sophie's naivete was refreshing (not at all annoying which is my usual reaction to MC naivete), relatable and essential for the plots' natural progression. All in all this book is a fun read that I am VERY thankful to Alicia for giving me. I am grateful for the opportunity to immerse myself in her well thought out, seemingly plausible account of a dystopian world ruined by the Social Media era now run by mostly well meaning (often down right evil)  Association of psychologists.