Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict
The Book of Bart - Ryan  Hill

~~~~~2.5 Stars~~~~~

****I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review****

That being said, after reading the synopsis I was 100% excited to dive right in. The book was light (very very light) with plenty of snark (not always the good kind) and some plot twists (all of which were completely foreseeable). I don't know how this book has gotten such a high rating. I absolutely loathe writing a bad review, the main reason I only do First Reads for books that sound like "my thing" with ratings of ~4.0 or higher, but I feel like it would be remiss of me not to pass on my take on the book for anyone with similar tastes in books. The character development had very little depth but the world building was better. The sentiment of Bart having his horns press against his head, warning him to dial it down a bit, was used a little too often imho. Alas, in all honesty, there were redeeming qualities...it was not all bad. It was a fun, lighthearted, often times downright raunchy, fun read. Just don't expect anything groundbreaking, soul gripping or even laugh out loud embarassment due to public displays of enjoyment because this wasn't that kind of read.