Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict
Blue on the Horizon: Troll - Rebecca Ferrell Porter

I picked this book up because I was gifted a copy of the second book in the series (Cairn) and I didn't want to dive into the middle of the yarn being spun and feeling as if I was missing vital information. It did take longer than normal to finish, mainly due to my inlaws' extended visit, but that in no way was a reflection on the pacing of the book. In actuality the reverse was true. This was a nicely paced tale featuring: various clans of tiny Trolls (with varying phenotypes), Fairies (evil little buggers), Troll/Fairy hybrids (@$$ kicking oddities) and a shape shifting, precognative, magical catalyst of awesomeness Dragon (Stump) who was one of my favorite characters. There was however a slew of editing mistakes but the world building was good enough for my anal retentive mind to not get hung up on the errors. I also love the messages within the book. I was especially moved by the navigation of the Hot Topic of being accepted and appreciating oneself, even being loved and ultimately reveered, when you happen to be very different from the norm. This is definitely aimed for the Middle Grade demographic but I believe it to be a light, fun read for all ages. All in all Blue on the Horizon built a solid foundation for what I assume will continue to be an enjoyable, lighthearted, magical tale.