Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict
Renegade World: Book I - GD Patten

***I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review***

Let me start off at the end and work my way forwards defending my (no doubt ostracising) views/rants and ultimately poor rating. I am sad to say that I am very disappointed! The pace was torturously snail like. Everyday minutiae: what was eaten, chores that need to be tended to, inner monologues (both mundane and critical...but mostly mundane) were highlighted ad nauseum. The dueling POVs were equal parts enlightening and confusing. The writing style was basic, bare bones, and extremely succinct. Now everyone and anyone that will stand still long enough for me to prattle on about how I adore/crave/breathe Time Travel books will attest to the fact that I indeed am a world class sucker for a good romp through space and time. I even willingly, and usually quite happily, digest enormous amounts of pages and chapters and tomes of alternative historical time lines and many a SciFi rants about questionable quantum mechanics. I love love love it!! But this is a Time Travel story without any time traveling. There is no explanation about how it was even possible let alone the fact that there was little to no time jumping action of any kind. Let that sink in for a moment...NO TIME JUMPING ACTION OF ANY KIND!!!! A Time Travel book without any time travel???  A book averaging in the high 4 star range about Time Travel should (in my most humble of opinions) contain some (if not copious amounts of) time/space jumping, discourses about quantum mechanics, or at the very least have some sort of science-y mumbo jumbo. These are a must, for without them I ended up cursing the Book Gods repeatedly and teetering on the edge of causing physical damage to my guilty-by-association e-reader. I am heartbroken to be giving this sort of review, I really am. I was SUPER excited to be given a chance to read a new Time Travel book in exchange for an honest review but I can not in good conscience recommend this book to fellow enthusiasts. It dragged on, so much so that it took forever to finish. Yes I started this book at the beginning of a fairly busy vacation. Yes I admit it, I chose to put Renegade World down a few times in favor of a fruity drink poolside. It wasn't my type of book. I just couldn't get into it. To be honest it felt like work...actual 9-5 ho-hummery...and I am sad to say that I am very disappointed.