Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict
Made You Up - Francesca Zappia

WOW! I just this moment finished Made You Up and I am a big, overly stuffed, box of beautifully tangential emotions. I really enjoyed this book. The writing was beautiful, the characters are so rich and so complex that you can't help but love/detest/cheer for/insanely wish for the demise of the respective ones as perscribed by the author. The heroine Alex is beautifully broken yet whole in ways that matter most. Yes, she has trouble discerning if what she is experiencing at any given moment is real or if people she is interacting with on such intimate levels are even truly there but her ability to trust/keep trying/sympathize with/befriend is remarkably innocent and pure...she is definitely someone that you would feel lucky to have in your corner, to call your friend. Miles and Tucker are both incredibly easy to fall in love with. They both display a rarely given, beautiful loyalty as well as an amazing capability to accept what could easily be seen as an  insurmountable personality flaw....and The Club?? I wanted in!! Alex's parents are loving yet humanly flawed in their own Life weary ways. The tempo of the book is quick enough to not force you to skim yet slow enough to explain (as best they could for a book with a MC not firmly rooted in Reality) so that each charming detail may be savored. I truly enjoyed getting lost in its pages all the way up until the end. The ending?!? What an unsatisfying, copout of a closing to a really lovely book. How pray tell should it have ended? I am not fully sure...I only know that it felt disjointed, as if it did not really mesh with the book as a whole. This might have been the idea since schizophrenia is undoubtedly a disjointed experience. It does sound a bit convoluted but all I know for sure is that this was a great distraction from my Reality and that's what I look for in a good book!