Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict
Uprooted - Naomi Novik

This was a charming Coming of Age Fairytale Fantasy with all the key elements for an amazing, lasting, fantastical Masterpiece. This is one of those rare breeds that start off strong with addictive pacing, extraordinary world building, phenomenal character development and stunning writing and manages to not only keep these going throughout but excels  beyond your wildest expectations. The characters were so complex and robust, I couldn't help but empathise with them, laugh/cry/scream/grow with them. The MC was a strong, humanly flawed, loveable heroine that slowly comes into her own (magically, physically and psychologically) throughout the book and ends up being the catalyst for and cultivator of unimaginable change. Her mentor/abductor/container of spoiler content was a lot of fun, snarky but fun, that you couldn't help but like and/or want to smack repeatedly.  Even the Wood was so richly done that it became a full fledged character in and of itself. All in all this was a very quick, well written, satisfying, stand alone, Fairytale like read.