Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict
Girl From Above 2: Escape (The 1000 Revolution) (Volume 2) - Pippa DaCosta

*****I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*****

"There are no more orders save my own. I don’t know if I’m real, or if I’m one man’s wish or another’s programming. I don’t know what I was made for, and I don’t know if I can trust what I feel. I care for two things: self-preservation, and that you see the truth of me. Whatever that may be.”

"Caleb Shepperd was more than an asset to me. What I felt for the captain didn’t stem from protocols and programming, but from the nowhere spaces among my components, from the ghost in my machine, and I owned it . This odd desire to touch, to feel—I clutched it close, perhaps afraid it might one day dissolve into the datastream and no longer mean anything. When I looked at Caleb, what I felt— the good, the bad, the fear— was real."

Enough with the quotes...you get the idea...HOLY SHAIZA this series is AWESOME!! Does a synthetic human, a few fleet commanders, a rogue tech genius, psychotic- hottie pirate, and a genuinely messed up/misguided/ undeniably conflicted smuggler joining forces to make the nine systems a better place sound like a bad joke? To me it sounds like pure literary gold! There is betrayal around every corner, randomly occurring Sexy Time, and action galore.

Girl From Above: Escape starts off one cycle after Betrayal left off seeing all of our favorite characters (and a couple of new favs) fighting their way, tooth and nail and synthetic blood, to make it back-to-black. A gaping void where Firefly once resided feels satiated. Those that know anything about me know that I was angry and lost and left wanting when the show was cancelled but this book not only fills the gap but causes some blush worthy moments while reading in public. It is well written, has perfect pacing (not too slow as to bore but not too quick as to confuse), and the battling POVs were less confusing this time around. The characters are brilliantly crafted and beautifully flawed and each one can be loved or despised just as easily in equal measure depending on the chapter. There are certainly no Good Guys though there seems to be Villainy abound. We get some answers but we're left with many more questions, a problem I very much hope is a brief one.

“Welcome to the dark side, where there’s contaminated drugs, whores a-plenty, and toxic alcohol galore. You’ll LOVE it.”!!!