Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict
Magic Brew - T. Rae Mitchell

*****I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*****

There is SO much going on in this book! It's well written, action packed and the characters are well developed and interesting. This is a first person, Urban Fantasy and it's VERY reminiscent of a cult classic movie called The Warriors.

The abridged synopsis: There are tons of varying gangs in NY but the story primarily focuses on a gang from Brooklyn NY (coney island to be exact) that have to fight rival gangs in order to make their way back to home turf (the Magic Brew club). The MC is called Edge and he's the only supernatural in New York City with Djinn powers. He's part of a mixed breed gang called the Forsaken. There is a cornucopia of magical Creatures including: Djinn, Japanese Oni, Shinto Forest Elf, Mermaids, Zambezi river gods, malicious spriggans, an old satyr, Glaax and Azaug demons, selkies, goblins, warlocks, succubus, pixies, black widow vampires as well as plain old vamps, ghouls, Werehyenas, redcap bezerkers, cherubim, fallen angels, sprites, an army of undead with their necromancer and MANY MANY more. All of the Supernaturals "are prisoners of New York. The whole state’s fenced in by a solid barricade of stormy energy swimming with sigils custom-built to kill anyone if we try to escape. We call it the Wall". The warlocks are trying their dastardly best to bring down that wall and only Edge's blood and magic can help them achieve that goal. There is a bounty put on his gang's heads causing every gang in NY to gun for them. The race is on! Can they get back home and can they do it with their lives intact? Read it to find out.

I'm definitely looking forward to book #2 in the series!