Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict

taking a break @ 20%... so far I'm in the minority, I can't in good faith recommend this one :-(

Illuminae - Jay Kristoff, Amie Kaufman

This is a manic, frenetically disjointed,  amalgamation of varying forms of information delivery. In other words this is All Over The Place!! Lots of people absolutely adore this book and its methods. I am definitely missing something. Maybe it's because I don't have an actual book in hand, I LOVE my e-reader (it's my baby) and wouldn't trade it in for anything, and word is that in this case the real deal is better. Sad...but whatever the case, in this instance much is lost in translation or transmission or any other variation of trans. The good: There is crazy computer espionage! There is genocide and military coverups and confusing teenage love. Awesome right?? Buuuuut there are psych evals, personal communications, military Court documentation to sort through, there is even hacker chat, spaceship schematics and entries from the hacktivist website called Unipedia. You really are bombarded with LOTS of information in LOTS of formats... It's crazy...and did i mention disjointed?? It really detracted from my reading experience after the first 10%. It's a shame because what I did piece together of the story seemed to be rich, imaginative, character driven SciFi goodness. I have to put this on the back burner for a while, there are just too many tantalizing books out right now that have been screaming at me to sit up and pay notice to. Re-review to come...