Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict
The High Lord - Trudi Canavan

I was REALLY disappointed with the ending to this trilogy! My husband and I read this together before bed every night and most of the time the pacing and action were so incredibly slow and lacking that I begged him to let me skim until something/anything at all would take place. Alas, it was not to be, it would seem that my other half has a higher tolerance for coming of age fantasy that goes nowhere (at a snails pace) until the last 50 pages. I really enjoyed book#1 but the series took a nose dive after and never recovered. The character development was flat and flimsy, the action was almost entirely nonexistent and the pace was so slow that I startled myself awake most nights (drooling on my e-reader and dragging out the inevitable) after having fallen asleep reading .

I will definitely skip the next trilogy that picks up a short while after The High Lord ends, especially because the reviews are brutal. I barely made it through this last book, reading the synopsis of the next series will have to do for information regarding what happened to our once beloved characters. This book should come with a warning "Extended Use Will Cause Drowsiness."