Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict
VIcious - Victoria Schwab, Victoria Schwab

~~~~2.75 Stars~~~~

Vicious, oh vicious, how incredibly middle of the road you were. I wanted to LOVE this book, as SO many of the reviewers had, but I just couldn't seem to get into the flow. Speaking of which, the flow was disjointed and haphazardly hopscotched back and forth between the past and present. This can be difficult to execute well and Vicious proved it. In my humble opinion, the character development would have progressed smoother if it had been more linear. Next, the protagonist and antagonist were both evil in their own rights but it felt like they were flat and that we were told about their conflict more than shown it cultivating lovingly within the story. They are both @$$holes and they were hard to root for (or against for that matter). I disliked Eli and Serena a little bit more than the others, which at least elicited an emotion on my end. The plot was original (which is a gigantic plus) but the story plodded along at such a pace that I considered putting it in the DNF pile frequently to cut my losses and move on to greener pastures. Sydney was fleshed out well enough and was easily my favorite character. All in all I am extremely disappointed with this book! With all of the hype and glowing ratings I expected a whole lot more than MEH.