Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict

I finally got around to Written in Red and it was gooood

Written in Red - Anne Bishop

"A Crow, a prophet, and a vampire walk into an office . . . It sounded like the beginning of one of those stupid jokes the Terra Indigene never understood."

This book was good... very very good! The world building and character development were great and seemed effortless. The premise was unique and absorbing, it had my attention firmly in its grasp and kept it there lovingly until the very last word. There was a decent amount of action. The last chapter was from a few POVs which is not always easy to pull off but here it worked here. The multiple voices and their differing levels of anxiety aided in the confusion of what was happening in the Courtyard as well as the human city. Trying to figure out just who/what each type of being the Terra Indigene were and what they could do was entertaining (especially Tess).

"Vlad hated doing the paperwork as much as he did when a human employee quit, which was why they’d both made a promise not to eat quitters just to avoid the paperwork. As Tess had pointed out, eating the staff was bad for morale and made it so much harder to find new employees."

I can't wait to stay in their world a bit longer so I am eagerly heading off to book #2, A Murder of Crow's, this very moment {{{squee}}}