Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict

going against the grain on this one. Even though it got 3 stars it's still going on the Not Recommended list :-(

Golden Son - Pierce Brown

This audio book was decent but sadly suffered from Second in a Series Syndrome where it was dwarfed but the enormity of its progenitor and didn't quite live up to its own hype. It started off great but it petered out midway and never recovered. The ending was more predictable than I'd like but the narrator keep it interesting throughout. The amount of action should have kept my attention firmly, War tends to amp up the action level, but like I said it lost its appeal and made me want to skip through to the end (which I diligently kept from doing so I could report back here). I'm not quite sure how this book ended up winning the Best Science Fiction for 2015 on Goodreads, I definitely read many better ones this year, though I can see its initial appeal (especially to the Male folk). Sorry guys, for me this goes on the Not Recommended list but the hubby says otherwise. I guess we'll be parting ways for a few nights when book #3 comes out... Not such a hardship since it allows me to catch up on my solo, monstrous TBR list.