Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict

when the word Swoon isn't swoony enough there's this

Royal Marriage Market: A Royal Romance - Heather Lyons

"I do not know how I am going to keep standing. My knees are perilously close to giving out right now. I will catch fire like a human candle and then melt until there is nothing left of me because surely no person could feel so much and not literally, physically combust"

Where do I start after having just finished a story so opulent that the word Swoon isn't swoony enough? Heather Lyons has such a beautiful mind/imagination coupled with a mastery of the English language so deeply profound that it demands you not only pay notice (and relish it) for the entirety of the book but coaxes from the reader the most amazingly diverse gamut of emotions. Some of her prose are so profound that I find it difficult to articulate just how resplendent (and intimate) the entire experience was. At times it was snarky or sexy or just so eloquent that I could not help but highlight, reread put the book aside and drink in the artistry. My pulse quickened apace with the masterfully sculpted characters (both main as well as supporting). In fact all of the people populating this robust world are incredibly bewitching, no small feat for a modern day Royal Fairytale that is sans "Magic". The alternating POVs, as well as the very distinct voices and personalities, worked so seamlessly that there was never a need to flip back to the start of the chapter to reaffirm who's mind we were voyeuristicly enjoying at the moment. This book was too delicious, too flirty, too sexy, too unpretentious, too swoon worthy...just too much too-ness. If you're a fan of Contemporary Romance, Royal intrigue, beatific writing, undulating emotions, remarkably complex character driven novels with a dash of Sexy Time thrown in then this stand alone will not disappoint.

~~~~~~~SPOILER ALERT~~~~~~~

READ ON AT YOUR OWN PERIL!

"I am laughing again, and he’s now looking at me as if I am just Elsa, and he is just Christian, and we are simply two people crazy in love and not subject to crowns and countries and duties. A tiny wish is sent off, a silent one, begging all that is good in the world to allow this man to always look at me just so. Laughter fades away until we are studying one another, silence our friend in the hotel suite. Clocks tick and people around the city sleep, and somewhere around the globe others wake and work and live their lives. But here, in this room, words never spoken out loud before sink quietly into each other’s skins, burrowing straight through muscle and bone until they land cleanly in souls. The orderly, regimented lives we’ve always known and found comfort in are irrevocably altered."

{{{{{{Le sigh}}}}}