Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict

WARNING: will likely cause Book Hangover

Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda - Becky Albertalli

"It feels like we’re the last survivors of a zombie apocalypse. Wonder Woman and a gay dementor. It doesn’t bode well for the survival of the species."

Oh my word...there is just too much goodness within. I want to quote like crazy but I did that already once before and it was a mess and CRAZY so I'll be concise today. This book is SO delicious! I dare you to hold back the myriad of Feels that will creep up on you. You will have bouts of staring lovingly at the book, cheeks hurting from  Cheshire cat smiling like a loon. It is time to set aside the magical realms, the time traveling trysts, the Dystopian downers and the Paranormal romances for a case of the genuinely human, diverse gamut of emotions that you will experience here. If you like innocent stories of finding oneself and falling in love for the first time with all its awkward glory and heartache then this book is for you. If you were a drama geek or just pretended to be one in the comfort of your own home then this book is for you. If you like books about strong, enduring friendships then this book is for you. If you like beautifully written dialogue and rich, expansive characters (that include not only the amazingly quirky and loveable MC but all supporting cast as well) then you guessed it, this one's for you! Look no further, you WILL fall in love! Thank god I have some great book buddies because this one came VERY highly recommended by someone who's opinion I trust completely. Man oh man am I happy that I set aside the intimidating Mt. TBR and put this book at the top of the list. It was just what I needed after submerging myself in fantasy books as of late. This book truly made me happy! Yes it's a tad corny and a lot naive and sweetly innocent. It is refreshing reading a plausibly happy tale of teenage love in the time of electronic device caused detachment from social interaction. There are moments like this:

“I’m quiet around you,” he says, smiling. I smile back.

“I’m one of the cute guys who gets you tongue-tied?”

He squeezes the steering wheel. “You’re THE cute guy.”

Or funny moments like this:

"I take a sip of my beer, and it’s— I mean, it’s just astonishingly disgusting. I don’t think I was expecting it to taste like ice cream, but holy fucking hell. People lie and get fake IDs and sneak into bars, and for this? I honestly think I’d rather make out with Bieber. The dog. Or Justin. Anyway, it really makes you worry about all the hype surrounding sex."

Are you in love yet? No?? Well I promise that if you have a valid, up to code, in working order Heart and Soul it will just be a matter of time before you feel the love as well.