Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict

slow to percolate but once it gets going it turns to a roiling boil that grabs ahold of you and keeps you engrossed 'til the very last page

Spirit Legacy - E.E. Holmes

I had a hard time with the rating for this one. It is easily a 4 star book, maybe even a 4.5 on a good day and with a bit more tolerance for the percolating beginning. It was definitely slow to start but when it picks up it really takes off. I didn't really know what the book was about when I started so I was EXTREMELY surprised when it got juicy. I had NO idea that it was going in that direction so, if you are feeling brave, I propose that you go into it as blind as you dare because it will shock/spook/scare you a bit.

If you have read my reviews before you know that I usually love to add at least one or two quotes, so you can hear what the writing's like from the author's own mouth, but my husband and I listened to this one on audio book as part of our nightly routine soooo it's a no go for the quotes BUT....We both agreed that it was a 4, which is rare. The narrator on the other hand was a little hard to get into so we were split on that (he has to be at least a little difficult or else he doesn't feel like he's helping). Anyway... The writing was easy/laid back like she's talking to an old friend. The world building was ok but the character development was pretty great and the miniscule love story was sweet (and almost too brief for those that like a little R with their PN read). All in all it was very good and the only real problem was that book#2 is not out in audio book yet so we're going to have to read it the old fashioned way (YAY for me but the hubs likes a bit of variety in his listening experience....oh well...check out this book if you're into PNR or just PN with a hint of R, or if you're in the market for a quick/easily digested/ slightly cliffy read.