Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict

delicious, little guilty pleasure for those that like their PNR with pg-13 R

House of Pawns (House of Royals) (Volume 2) - Keary Taylor

Hot damn this author likes her cliffhangers!! This was another one shot, marathon read. In just a few hours I not only devoured this book but simultaneously vowed to track down the next and ultimately cursed the bibliogods above that book #3, House of Kings, is not out yet. I NEED to know what happens. Yes, this series is not ground breaking. Yes it's a bit laid back, using lots of layman-isms (I'm owning that monstrosity of a word...spell check be damned). Yes it's a brisk, easily digested mind munchie...a guilty little (semi) secret pleasure (sans Sexy Time scenes for those that care) BUT it will grab you and keep you firmly until the very last page of the F'ing impending Cliffhanger. The world building didn't miraculously get better and the writing is still lax and easy going but the complexity of the characters, their ever evolving/malleable politics as well as their enthralling back stories will ensnare you...entrap you...it will enmesh and entangle you...you will be bewitched as I have been and as the raving reviewers on GR have been. I wasn't blown away but I was most assuredly entertained and my interest piqued for a few hours and really, that's an awesome way to spend the day. All in all it is a solid, entertaining PN(with slight hints of)R.