Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict

oh yay, look, it's a unique book about ZZZZZZZZZZZZ

And I Darken - Kiersten White

What to do?!? This book has such an original and EXTREMELY promising premise but HOLY COW is it booooorring!!! I tried and tried to trudge through it. I even got the audio book in case it needed a new soundtrack in my head. You know the insecurity, I think, maybe my inner narrator was so monotone it was causing me to nod off every few words or so....but no, nothing helped. This book got such good reviews (on average) that my aversion to it is definitely, in some part, a distinctive failing on my behalf as an interested, well rounded, open minded reader and by extension...human being. If you have a secret way to make the monotony more palatable PLEASE do share but for now I just can't slog through it any longer... also, there are WAY too many books out there begging for my limited time. Sooooo into the Maybe Later bin it goes.