Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict

YAY!!! A completed book...FINALLY something hot enough (in many ways) to hold my wandering attention

A Promise of Fire - Amanda Bouchet

~~~~~4.5 Stars~~~~~

WOW!! I had NO idea what I was getting myself into when I started this book. For the last two months I have been in a slump!! I was starting & stopping books like crazy as well as taking my nightly reading time and using it for sleeping...GAH...sleeping?? SO when this book came along I thought it would end up like the rest of late, barely appreciated and ultimately disregarded, BUT that was far from what happened. This turned out to be an uber-gigantic, heated to the point of being denatured, ball of Magical Realm awesomeness wrapped in a thick layer of sexual repression (which got a bit tedious and had me looking manically at my screen demanding Cat wise up) and topped off with an enormous helping of kick@$$, in yo face Heroine of Doom and a dollop of Adonis like Berserker warriors to boot. Did I mention the young, oft times naive, human(ish) baddest mamma jamma Heroine I have seen in a LONG time who thrives on being a HUGE, SARCASTIC pain in the ass to everyone?? BUT when it comes to a fight she not only plays dirty, she also kicks ass, melts faces and talks to God's!!. This book not only grabbed my attention...FINALLY...but kept it all night long and most of the next day until the last page (where I loathed finding out that book #2 was not out yet). There is so much Sexy Time talk that I was blushing... frequently. My husband calls these types of books Oh Henry books and says it while feigning swooning like an olden time damsel. I didn't think that these were in my circle of preferred genres but I think I'll branch out a bit now.