Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict

most dispassionate love story I have read in a LONG time

The Love That Split the World - Emily Henry

This book is a tough one to rate. The world(s) building was pretty good, the MC (and supporting cast) were likeable/ relatable (ish) and creative. The first half of the book I spent asking myself "what the holy F is going on??" Then, midway, I figured out who/what Grandmother is and waited patiently to see the reveal (which in my opinion took forever to get to and then felt WAY too rushed!). The big finale summed up some stuff but I still put down my ereader at the end and thought "That was SO not fulfilling"!?! Long story short (for once) is that I liked the book but didn't feel the love interest's passion for one another (unacceptable in a "love story") the book threw in stuff and kept proclaiming them to be "everything" (yet wasn't anything at all) and the end left me wanting (not in a good way). Is it worth the time? I liked it but it didn't rock my (or any other) world.