Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict

quick unique read

Immersed: A Falling in Deep Collection Novella - Katie Hayoz

This book has a unique premise as well as a new spin on old school monsters. The world/character developments were surprisingly rich while the actual writing was run of the mill Meh. The Steampunk aspect was explored more here than most books I have read that claim to be in the Steampunk genre these days. The actual steam driven mechanical aspects were great for background ambiance and interesting footnotes but weren't key factors in the story, something I would have given more stars for. It was a super quick read and did leave me wanting...though wanting what was an enigma. I believe this is due to the fact that it felt rushed and thin instead of having slow(ish) to boil, suspensefuly percolating, nail biting, robust foundation and plot twists. I know that's a lot to ask for but for me an unforeseen plot twist/ pivot, or intricate weaving of character depth vs. trials vs. inventive ways of achieving success are what sets a book above the rest and therefore deserve 4-5 stars. Should you read it??? In hindsight I would have skipped it and unsurprisingly, I am foregoing any future books in the series.