Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict

It's About Time: A Mysterious Time Travel Conspiracy....no book entry here yet so sorry for no book cover

***** I was given this book in exchange for an honest review*****

‘Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. It comes to us at midnight very clean. It is perfect when it arrives and puts itself in our hands. It hopes we’ve learned something from yesterday .’

This is a fun Time Travel book! Not only is it fun but it grabbed and held my attention... WOOHOO!! I have been having trouble lately with my literary choices. I usually find myself plodding along and when I get about halfway in (if I'm lucky), I start fantasising about the next book... hoping, wishing, dreaming, coveting the next one, any one other than the current one... I page count (wishing the pages would fly by faster and faster) and skim...lord help me once I've started skimming. This funk probably happens so often because I have such high hopes for a slew of books on my TBR list and so many more amazing sounding ones are added daily, that I get bored easily and ultimately disappointment sets in and I am officially checked out..sigh. This book did not disappoint though...YAY!!!

It's About Time is told in alternating POVs. The beginning was a bit slow and pretty confusing but once it switches to the present (and definitely in the future) it starts to click. The plot twists weren't as surprising as I would have liked but watching them play out was entertaining. The violence was a tad graphic, which wasn't a deal breaker for me but might turn off some. If you're into very scientifically specific/plausible Time Travel you will be sorely disappointed but if you're looking for a fun/interesting/unique mission across Time, look no further. The dialogue often put a smile on my face.

“General, have you ever heard the old expression ‘Necessity is the mother of invention’?” Aso’s eyes narrowed. “Of course, but what does—”“Well, madness is necessity’s second cousin on its father’s side!”

Entertainment, smiles, genuine interest in characters/their back story/motivation/relationships and an all around sense of contentment and happiness?? What more could you ask for in a well written bit of brain confectionery? Did I mention the kick @$$ female supporting character? NO?!? Well that's a shame because she's one of my favorite characters, though they are all pretty likeable (even the "bad guys/gal").

I had fun with this one but there are so many other books that I have been (not so) patiently waiting to get my hands on that I probably wouldn't have read this until I found myself in need of some quick and easily digested brain candy.