Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict

science driven, Steampunk awesomeness...plus it is free for those with Kindle Unlimited...YES THANK YOU!!

The Golden Spider (The Elemental Web Series) (Volume 1) - Anne Renwick

Man oh man was this book GOOOOD! It was steamy (though I must admit to skimming through the naughtiest of bits), extremely well written, well researched, action/romance packed and neatly wrapped up at the end (for most of the leading characters that is). It was told in multiple POVs which can be tricky but worked here. There was quite a bit of Romance so those who are deathly allergic beware BUT most importantly there was Science! Science how I love thee!! A few reviewers complained about the amount of Science in the book. I personally can not stress enough how the Science and the incredibly detailed Steampunk(ness) drew me in and kept me firmly within its loving, mechanically and biologically technical grasp until the very last page. The Steampunk/ Mad Science aspects were done so expertly that they not only seemed 100% believable but quite possible, for those of us who would be so inclined, to replicate in our very own garages. The Romance was not an insta-love, nor was the reader bludgeoned with its presence or urgency the entirety of the book. It was sweet, slow to mature, and you couldn't help but root for it to solidify (and I am not the biggest of Romance fans). I believe The Science was so well explained that even Scientific newbies could follow along and puzzle the concepts out without prior knowledge of anatomy, physiology or chemistry....All that is required is an interest imo. ALSO, there were kraken, derigable, personal submersibles, steam powered/ mechanical everything (including nerve repairing arachnids), mad scientists, international espionage and you guessed it...air pirates! No good Steampunk yarn can be spun without the trusty air pirate or two. If you like Alt-Historical, Steampunk, Romance or Science based tales of espionage, love against the odds, scientific perfection and mechanical wonders filled awesomeness...you have found your next fav and new topper of the ever growing TBR pile!