Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict

what an amazing rollercoaster of feels....Mrs. Schwab is a Master!!

A Conjuring of Light - V E Schwab

I am such a jumble of emotions right now that I find it hard to collect my thoughts BUT I'll try because this book's praises need to be heard.

“Are you strong enough to win?” she asked. Was he? This wasn’t a tournament magician. Wasn’t even a sliver of magic like Vitari. Osaron had destroyed an entire world. Changed another on a whim. “I don’t know,” he said honestly. Lila flashed a glimmer of a smile, sharp as glass. “Good,” she answered, pushing open the door. “Only fools are certain.”

I must be a fool because I am certain, certain you'll fall in love with this book. This book...oh..this book was everything a person could hope for in a final installment!! The prose were beautiful, evocative and poignant to the point where I found myself taking breaks to appreciate what I had just read. I highlighted so much I had trouble picking which to add here and which should be left as nestled jewels to be discovered at the author's behest. The world building was mind blowing and the character development too perfect for mere words. There was a CRAZY amount of action starring one of the most badass, impossible to kill female heroines I have encountered to date. Did I mention there was action galore? The romance was perfectly meted as to not overpower the awesomeness that was the solid plot. This plot was a thing of beauty BUT it did fizzle out a bit in the middle, picking up again when they all got on the pirate boat...YAY more Pirating!

It seemed like A Darker Shade of Magic was Kell's story, A Gathering of Shadows was Lila's and A Conjuring Of Light was Holland's time to shine/redeem/explain his backstory. I'm a sucker for a good "Bad- Guy turns out to be a misunderstood, morally ambivalent demi-hero" tale and I'm telling you now that Holland's story will give you the feels whether you want them to or not. Lila and Kell stoically fell in love and plucked my heart strings as I am sure they will with you.

"she’d already taken two Londons as her own. She was a thief, a runaway, a pirate, a magician. She was fierce, and powerful, and terrifying. She was still a mystery. And he loved her."

This might have been Holland's time to shine but each character had their time in the limelight, showcasing their abilities as well as having their stories wrapped up tightly. I LOVED the push and pull of Rhy & Alucard's Love tug-of-war just as much as Kell & Lila's quiet adoration. I even relished the sarcastic bickering between Kell and Alucard and the undeniable love they both had for Rhy. Oh Rhy...That is all I'll say about him, his story still a shard in my heart.

The ending was amazingly inclusive though...usually a bonus. Every character met their fate with dignity, poise, snark and a touch of sadness for all that had been lost... for not every ending is a happy one.

"What are we drinking to?” “The living,” said Rhy. “The dead,” said Alucard and Lila at the same time. “We’re being thorough,” added Rhy.

The feels this book will coax from you will be intense, you have been warned! It has been days since I closed this book and tried to move on but its hold is still firm still loving.

"Myths do not happen all at once. They do not spring forth whole into the world. They form slowly, rolled between the hands of time until their edges smooth, until the saying of the story gives enough weight to the words—to the memories—to keep them rolling on their own."

This might not be the birth of a myth but it IS a story you'll not soon forget. I hope you enjoy this series as much as I have.

Anoshe!