Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict

Slow to start but once this picks up you'll be ensnared...awesome addition to the series!!

A Court of Wings and Ruin - Sarah J. Maas

ok, I may not have shaken this book hangover yet but I had to share my feelings on the matter. I was going to wait a while longer to let the book sink in and allow this review to ruminate a bit but I can't. I had to put into words how much I love love LOVE this book!!

It did start off slow for me and the dialogue seemed forced and predictable at first BUT when it took off I could not look away. I know a lot of people say things like that, they couldn't look away or they couldn't put it down BUUUUT I literally walked around the house (not)doing my chores (shhhhh don't tell the hubs), ereader in hand (Yes I partake in both paper and pixel reading but today was electronic for portability and place holding ease). I indeed walked into walls, more bathroom doors than walls but we shant discuss the lavatory diversions.

I adored the banter, camaraderie, loyalty and devotion shared amongst the members of the Court of Dreams as well as their ability to see the good in and accept wholeheartedly new members into the family!! Their priorities and selfless defense of said priorities are so incredibly noble (and how I believe the world should be) that I can't believe it was as hard as it was to convince the other courts to join the Good Fight.

There is Love and Hate, betrayl and redemption. I really enjoyed watching a certain character transform through all of those phases and come back full circle to Hero. There is sexy time (sometimes awkward) and a whole lot of fighting ( though the first few skirmishes were more fizzle than fight but they skillfully led up to one hell of a battle).

I love Rhysand...I mean it, I feel like shouting it out of my 2nd floor windows but my HOA might find fault with me screaming this... purple faced, forcefully awakening the sleeping community at 4:30 a.m. so I acquiesce and rant here. This book did not only showcase my book boyfriend...nope...it also highlighted just how swoonworthy other males can be. I wanted to cuddle Azriel until he begs for air and Cassian is such an unexpected one woman knight in shining black armor that I want to pinch his cheeks and sisterly adore him. The Archeron sisters were fearsome and there are monsters to fear and to love...but mostly to fear.

Of course there are strings left for subsequent books to tie up but this book is my favorite so far (or at least tied with book#1).

I must warn you...there are throat constricting, "are my eyes sweating?? No, it's torrentialing" sections. I mean fetal position reading (so as not to let the light keep the hubby awake and cranky), shoulder shaking, snot control sniffling, "I love all of these characters" and "NOOOOOOOOOO, NOT THAT...SOMEONE ELSE PLEEEEASSSSE!!" whispering pleas into the ether of the night...begging the literary gods or anyone else (besides the husband) who'll listen.

Bottom line: you'll LOVE it...especially if you loved the first two books. It makes an awesome addition to the series! The wait for book #4 is going to be torturous but you'll see and I will read your review and nod along. Enjoy!!