Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict

uuuuuuwwwwwwww this is sooooooo good!!!

Lord of Shadows (The Dark Artifices Book 2) - Cassandra Clare

I must preface this review with a confession: I am an undisputed, unabashed, unadulterated (and a few other "un" words) Fangirl of anything and everything Cassandra Clare! In my eyes she can do no wrong, that was until reading Lady Midnight. I admit that I had gone into LM expecting nothing short of attention demanding perfection. What I experienced was....well written but extremely underwhelming. Any way, back to Lord of Shadows which I LOVED...especially that ending...oh that horrific, gut wrenching, beautiful ending!! The book was a solid 4 stars, that was until the very end where it all hit the fan...you know the fan, it takes all of your hopes and expectations and sucks them into the blades of Cassandra Clare's devilishly sharp unrepentant plot twisting devices leaving you a sniffling lump laying in the dark corner of the bed trying not to sob too loud and wake the hubby beside you at 3:45 a.m.

That being said I admit it...buried in that long winded, definitely not a run-on, sentence I LOVED this book. It might be due to the fact that I went into it with ZERO expectations and quite a bit of snobbish scepticism. BUT no matter the original mood, my mood at the end, at the very last period, I was scintillatingly flabbergasted. I don't want to give too much away but there is romance and romance conundrum abound. There are also revenant and downworlders galore with all the nefarious situations they find themselves the center of or more likely the ones they orchestrate. There are plots and subplots...laws broken at every turn...Laws residing in dusty old books and biblical laws such as the frowning upon murdering your own kin. There are so many breadcrumbs teasing conjecture and interconnectivity between unlikely relationships hopefully revealed in book #3. I love love LOVE this world, these characters and this author!!

I HIGHLY recommend this series...drop what you are doing and pick up this gem. Unless you're the type to want everything wrapped up neatly at the end of reading, those that have the strength to resist a beautifully tempting series until the last book has been released...you know who you are and I commend you...if that's the case BEWARE... there are many things here but most notably a huge, honking CLIFFHANGER!!! You have now been sufficiently warned. To all others, ENJOY! I can't wait to read what each of you thought, felt, surmised and hypothesized.

Here are some quotes that I loved:

"If you believe only in facts and forget stories, your brain will live, but your heart will die.”

“There’s something about a place you’ve been with someone you love. It takes on a meaning in your mind. It becomes more than a place. It becomes a distillation of what you felt for each other. The moments you spend in a place with someone . . . they become part of its bricks and mortar. Part of its soul.”

"Long ago the pieces of his soul had scattered, and every piece lived in one of his brothers or sisters. Except for the piece that lived in Emma, which had been burned into its home in her by the flame of the parabatai ceremony, and the pressure of his own heart."