Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict

whimsically lighthearted Royal Romp

My Lady Jane - Brodi Ashton, Jodi Meadows, Cynthia Hand

This was a good old-fashioned Alt History with romance and loads of snarky quips. Silliness and an effervescent reimagining of some real life Tudor tragedies ensues and a good time is had by some. On a personal note, I really enjoyed Jane! I loved her obsession with all things biblio, surely a love we can all relate to....the smell of the books, the palpable excitement associated with the start of a new adventure, the places you go and lives you lead, the actual feel and weight of the thing, and all the other blissful -philias accompanied with the ownership of a book. I especially enjoyed Jane's relationships with her cousin, King Edward VI, and her husband G. This quasi-historic, multiple POV retelling has a strong plot, likeable/ relatable characters and an inspiring re-imagining of a happier ending for those unfortunate Fortunates. Be aware: this feels rather lengthy at times. This is especially true if you're in the mood for something gripping or deeply life altering because if that's what you're craving this is not your book. It is, however, a whimsically lighthearted (often mind numbing) royal romp. SO, you've been warned!. Okay Alternative History buffs and Fantasy folks... unite and devour this exceptionally fun, well written, cohesive, tri-author gem.