Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict

I'm one of THOSE people...are you one too?

The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air) - Holly Black

"If I cannot be better than them, I will become so much worse."

You know what?? I am definitely one of THOSE people....you know, those that swoon over plots rife with Political intrigue..one of those awesome people that love all (good) things Fae....those that bought into the (well deserved) hype surrounding this book...those that sing praises of the venerable Mrs Holly Black, dubbing her an irreproachably unequivocal Master of Words and Such..well that may be more of a Me thing than a Those thing but I digress.

Anyhow, not only am I a firm resident of all of those categories BUT I happened to have fallen in LOVE with this book to boot! I'm not embarrassed at all to admit it, I was ensorcelled (LOVE that word!) and I am sure you will be as well. Cruel Prince deserves all the accolades it gets! Was it a perfect 5 Star book?? No, but it was extremely well written, thought out and executed. The plot twists were a bit too predictable, though watching them unfold was extremely satisfying. The coronation was stab-tacular and Red Wedding(ish)! The relationships Del Amore were nothing amazing but at least they weren't insta-anything either. The MC was kick @$$ yet vulnerable (a combo I love to see in a complex, well fleshed out main character...or any character really). Jude's "nemesis" was more talk than action, especially with regards to her, and ultimately a bit whimpy ...NOT traits I find sexy in a possible love interest but HEY...you never know. I guess we'll all be (not so patiently) awaiting book #2 to see what type of person he will truly turn out to be.

I cannot recommend this book highly enough though the wait for answers seems cruel and insurmountable... and I say this from just having joined the ranks of the tortured this afternoon :::GULP:::

overall: I'm pretty enamoured but the wait is already killing me. I wish you all a day with no distractions so you can immerse, experience and fall in love with this book and THEN you can take your rightful spot next to me on the excruciating wait train.

"What they don’t realize is this: Yes, they frighten me, but I have always been scared, since the day I got here. I was raised by the man who murdered my parents, reared in a land of monsters. I live with that fear, let it settle into my bones, and ignore it. If I didn’t pretend not to be scared, I would hide under my owl-down coverlets in Madoc’s estate forever. I would lie there and scream until there was nothing left of me. I refuse to do that. I will not do that."