Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict

It's not a you thing, its probably a me thing...

City of Stairs - Robert Jackson Bennett

"Time renders all people and all things silent. And gods, it seems, are no exception."

Wellllll, I hate to be the odd duckling here BUT I just didn't love this as much as everyone else did. Now that's not to say that I didn't enjoy it. I just didn't fall hopelessly, googly- heart eyed in love with it. The premise was unique, the pacing was great, the writing was well done, the characters were interesting and the ending was nice and tidy...BUT... I just didn't care much. It was most likely a case of it's-not-you-it's-me so I won't be too harsh with the rating BUT again, I wish I cared more what happens next. There were also a lot of great quotes, too many in fact to add here.

"The world is a coward, he thinks. It does not change before your face; it waits until your back is turned, and pounces.…"

All in all this was a satisfying read and the ending was buffed to a shine and wrapped up nicely with a spiffy bow and a thank you card.

"Humans are strange, Shara Komayd. They value punishment because they think it means their actions are important—that they are important. You don’t get punished for doing something unimportant, after all."

~Enjoy