Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict

The Stupendously Spectacular Spelling Bee

*** I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review ***

This book is a PSA wrapped up in a wordy bow with glitter on top. It showcases a little girl named India Wimple who is anxious and afraid to make her dream happen. She has a very strong support network of family and friends. This cheering section boosts her confidence so that she not only believes in herself more but she learns to overcome her anxiety of doing something she's awesome at, spelling, in front of an crowd. Once she wrangles her fears she signs up for the spelling bee and the rest is history.

This book is not afraid to tackle difficult topics like dealing with both chronic/life threatening illness and financial strife. LOVE that!! (Not the financial strife bit but bringing into the light topics that some would rather brush under the rug).

I won't give away too much, especially since the unconditional love and support are what truly makes this book shine, but I will say that the overall take home messages are sweet and poignant and something I will definitely pass along to my little girl when we read this one together. Not only will she broaden her vocabulary with new snazzy words, she will also be exposed to the beautiful messages that show her the power of supportive kindness and that anything is possible if you believe in yourself!

Great read with great illustrations!!