Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict

Sweet Dreams, Supergirl

~~~3.5 Stars~~~

****I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review****

This one is a split decision in my household. The story managed to resonate with my 8 year old, superhero loving, daughter even though it didn't work for me. She especially loved the pages that had split illustrations depicting both Supergirl and the Super sleepy girl. I personally felt like the story was too sparse and didn't necessarily correlate the Superhero's actions with that of the girl going to bed. My favorite part was the checklist at the end reminding the book's owners to snuggle, read, be brave etc..

There is an incredible burgeoning market for young superhero and comic book lovers, especially female ones, that I truly feel like this story could have been Awesome! Granted, I am not the targeted demographic BUT as the mother of a young hero loving daughter (and the one who purchases her reading materials) I am a bit sad that this didn't hit the mark for me. Is it cute? Yes. Is it steeped in Superheroes and their diverse awesomeness? Not really. It does convey the sentiment that whether you are a superhero or a super kiddo, everyone needs to find time to wind down and recharge. Was this a homerun? Nope, but it did get decent feedback from my Little One and in the end she's the one that will hopefully be coming back to read this over and over again.