Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict

Two Dark Reigns by Kendra Blake

Oh my word, this book is every bit as good as the first two and that's saying a lot. There were a few places where the story seemed to drag a bit but overall it was a great read and that ending... momma Mia that ending. After several days of sitting.. and stewing..and contimplating..I am still on the fence about my true feelings with respect to that ending. What I will say is that it was an extremely emotive and visceral thing to behold!!

Kendra Blake has an uncanny ability to suck you into all manner of goings on with simple yet compelling imagery. The world building is beautifully done and the chatacters... these characters are rich, robust and relatable. Mrs. Blake crafts her characters with such expertise you can easily find yourself sympathizing with the most dastardly, reprehensible, morally bankrupt people. She knows how to write all kinds of touching, complex, compelling relationships. She can make jealousy bloom in your heart while reading about a rather sweet love story between two sociopaths or have you crying over the loss of an estranged relationship, be it between 2 humans or between a human and a furry friend and THAT is just the beginning of why I say she is bloody brilliant.

I happen to be really fond of this series...this world...this author... and if you liked the first 2 books at all then I'm positive you'll relish this one as well, slow bits and all!

~Enjoy