Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict

Sugar and Snails by Sarah Tsaing

I read this with my little one and she liked it even more than I expected her to and a lot more than I did. I will rate this based on her experience because I am undoubtedly not the target demographic.

There is a lot going on on the pages of this book but the pictures are definitely the highlight. The graphics are vivid, whimsical, sweet and fun. The text, on the other hand, is rhythmic and cute. It questions persistent gender specific labels and offers up some really unique alternatives. My daughter's favorite alternative was, "Maybe it was boys are made of balloons and mutts? And fresh chicken butts"...oh, how Littles love all talk of hineys.

Overall, I would reccomend this to those in the 2-5 year old range. The message is a good one. The graphics are silly and engaging and my daughter really enjoyed the package as a whole BUT I wish it had a stronger ending. The end just stops, no true feeling of things being wrapped up nicely...oh well, opportunity missed though I still I would reccomend this one. It's sweet and the message is worth sharing.

*** I was given a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review ***