Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict

Rhapsodic- a quick run down

Rhapsodic - Laura Thalassa

He dips his mouth close to my ear. “Cherub, people like us are not victims. We’re someone’s nightmare.”
I’m not a victim.
I’m not a victim.
How had I forgotten this? Because, somewhere along the way, I had forgotten. And it nearly broke me.
My eyes move to Des. “Teach me again how to be someone’s nightmare.”

This Urban Fantasy is a charming, delectable guilty pleasure. It centers around a love story coupled with an Otherworldly mystery. Why is it creepy you ask? WELL, they meet when Callie is 16 years old, spent over 300 evenings together getting to know each other. These evenings included showing her the ins and outs of his nefarious trade, whisking her all over the world to experience Life, holding her when she cried herself to sleep and being her avenging dark angel whenever she was wronged. That is until one day he disappears from her life and she is left with a boatload of Feels for a man that seemingly does not return her scentements. Fast forward 7 years. Desmond (the Bargainer) returns to our Siren and demands reparation. Add in some angsty dialogue, a pretty cool "other world" dilemma, a load of plot twists and now they can't keep their hormones in check?? To me it's a touch creepy but that's probably just a Puritan throwback/ hangup on my part.

Anyhow, this character driven UF was twisty and turny and all sorts of fun and I can't wait to read book #2