Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict

Who Are You Calling Weird? by Marilyn Singer

What a beautiful and interesting little book about some unique inhabitants of this wild world we call home! I read this with my capricious 8 year old and she LOVED it! It features animals from all over the globe with vastly different phenotypic and behavioral adaptations that help them live (and thrive) in their particular piece of the planet. The illustrations are gorgeous though the artistry is not only with the graphics but with the plethora of accompanying information about each creature as well. Together they form a one-two punch that was an instant hit in our house! Some of the descriptions are a bit long winded, especially for younger readers, BUT if you have a Little that has a voracious appetite for knowledge (especially for all things zoological and unique) then this book is a wonderful addition to any budding bibliophile's library. My daughter enjoyed making a game out of guessing the animals' identity based on the least amount of description as possible. I truly believe that you too will enjoy learning all about how wonderous, and super powered, these animals are. Who are those furless, bipedal, mammals making all that racket? Why, it's us. We Humans happen to make it onto the strikingly vivid illustrated pages along with some lesser known creatures. I won't ruin which others appear within, you'll just have to check out the book to find out but I highly reccomend you do so.

*** I was given a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review ***