Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict

Egypt Magnified by David Long

This book is a literal treasure trove of knowledge. There is SO much information that it can be a bit overwhelming. The pages are jam packed with tidbits and facts, so much so you can reread this book and find new things to learn and see each revisit. There is information about Egypt (duh) and about key Egyptians throughout history. There are depictions of everyday Egyptians and what mischief they possibly are up to alongside captions about Pharoahs, their Life and Afterlife. There are scribes and tomb raiders and the Great Sphinx...oh my!! There is so much detail you can't help but feel like you're part of the action. The illustrations are quite detailed and the information is just astounding. My 8 year old daughter was awed by this book. She is constantly seeking any and all information on Egypt largely because her grandfather is from Cairo and he is her hero. After reaching the end of the book she loved going back and finding all of the hidden objects and people populating the pages Where's Waldo Style. This book was an instant success in our household! What a great way to make learning fun!!

*** I was given a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review ***