Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict

Blood Heir- oooohhhh so good

Blood Heir - Amélie Wen Zhao

I have read that there is some controversy surrounding this book and all I can say is that this is FICTION people and damn good fiction at that!! l loved it! I truly did. I wish I could give it more than 5 stars not only to offset the low ratings that were trying to bully the author but because this book has everything you could want. It is a steady paced, action packed, tension filled, affinity laden, literary gem with a dash of court intrigue to top it all off. Are there depictions of indentured servitude? Yes. Is it condoned? Heck no! In fact, the MC is fighting every day, every single page, to correct and rectify such atrocities. She herself, though born a Royal and therefore originally treated much differently than the rest of the Affinite, was later found out and subjugated to the same hate filled bigotry. This is what she is fighting so hard to overturn. I don't know. How could a fan of the genre, in honest to goodness good faith, go into a read and expect the book to follow guidelines that they themselves dictate? If that's what you're looking for then go write your own book!! Leave this book alone, it was awesome!!

On to the actual review.

The writing happened to be expertly detailed yet not overly flowery. I know some of you loathe overtly beatific and loquacious writing BUT I personally have been known to be won over by some lyrically verbose dialogue... though I digress for this is not such a book. I enjoyed the richness of the characters. They are both complex and morally gray (although some resided a bit more on the darker side of crispy). The world building is elaborate and lush. There is a hint, nay a whisper of a romance sloooooowly percolating... leading to only God knows where but damnit it hurt so good! I am 100% rooting for Ramson and Ana and I love even more how she keeps his ego in check! She is one bad ass heroine and a really interesting MC.

Overall: I read this in 2 sittings which might not sound impressive but with how hectic things have been in my neck of the woods, it turned out to be quite an accolade. Read this if you're into Magical Fantasy, especially if you like yours with a splash of Courtly Intrigue and a very healthy dose of female kickassery (it's a thing...).

~ Enjoy

*** I was given a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review ***