Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict

Kingdom of Exiles by Maxym Martineau

This is a well crafted adult Pokeman(like) romp through lush backdrops with characters that you can't help but love... you just can't... go on, read it, you'll love them too. There is sexual tension to the umpteenth degree. An extremely sloooooooooooooow burn that builds to a crescendo. The creatures are beautifully imagined and undeniably unique. The characters are all loveable and relatable, I want to adopt them all...except Noc, he I will greedily keep for my own nefarious purposes.

I love Noc & Leena... big fan, BUT I especially love Noc. He is incredibly tormented yet compassionate. He shoulders the weight of a powerfully evil curse that makes life torturous when it comes to loving someone...in any capacity. He is unable to express amorous emotions for anyone... ever... or his loved ones, if the feelings are reciprocated, pay the ultimate price.

Leena, on the other hand, is a kick ass heroine and one of the commanding voices of the dueling 2 MCs. She is strong, yet tender towards her beasts and her "family" (which is all sorts of endearing), she is beautiful, deadly and unabashedly, unappologetic when it comes to her lustful appetite.

The writing is solid. I may or may not have shed a few tears (the torment is positively dripping off the pages)...ok, just between us, there was some serious sniffling going on but that's it. The crying is in no way a reflection of the caliber of writing. The world development and character development are both extremely well done. The variety of creatures is exemplary. The characters are so robust (and loveable) you can't help but root for them, cheering for them to succeed and to find their happiness.

There were a slew of blush worthy sexy- time passages which is something I usually shy away from in my choice of reads BUT it was tactful and not overly protracted which made me enjoy the book even more.

Overall: If you're into an adult Pokemon(like) fantasy world with heart racing explicit scenes and damn good World and Character development... then this page turner should be on your radar!!

~Enjoy!

*** I was given a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review ***