Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict

Two Thousand Years by M. Dalto

I have to call it. I have had this book on my dashboard for almost 5 months. I have picked this up and uncerimoniously put it back down more times than I care to admit and DEFINITELY more times than I usually give a read. I just can't get into it and that's confusing since the synopsis hit all the right notes. I was intrigued. The book's premise is unique... something I relish... BUT the writing is so incredibly bland and stilted that it physically and mentally hurt to go on. Sounds harsh right?!? I 100% don't mean it to be but the dialogue and plot are just put out there...robotic like. This is what happens, now this happens, this person says this, that person replies... no emotion...no breath of life...no je ne sais quoi. The world building is severely lacking making this feel monochromatic, stiff and boring. The characters are underdeveloped as well. The MC is annoying and I feel zero connection with anyone or anything.

I loathe giving up on a read mid way but there just isn't enough hours in the day or days in ones life to spend time on reading something that doesn't make you lose yourself or at the very least rationalize the time spent. It could be because I have been reading some REALLY excellent books lately, straight to Favorites type reads. I think it has set the bar pretty high. Either way, it wasn't for me and I set my limit at hmmm hmmm tries before I call it. So here we are... I HATE to say it but...

:::hanging my head in shame and defeat:::

I'm DNFing this one.

*** I was given a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review ***