Just One More Chapter

-Vera Nazarian

Biblioaddict

Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor

Daughter of Smoke & Bone - Laini Taylor

I have come back to this series a second time (something I'm not known to do), looking to relive the majesty that was my first encounter with Laini Taylor. I listened on Audible instead of reading it this time around and I am SO glad I did because I love love LOVED it just as much as my initial read through, which is Ah-MAZING to me. The narrator was so incredible that I jumped to look her up to see what else she brought to life and a few have made their way onto my TBR because of her talent. This is most definitely one of my all time favorite series and categorically, hands down one of my all time favorite authors if not #1. Every word is suffused with passion and let me tell you... Mrs. Taylor is a master wordsmith! She will make you feel like you are captivated, entranced and 100% present in the moment. This is achieved with beautific writing, extremely complex and robust characters and majestic world building.

I ship Karou and Akiva so so very much that it hurt (at times) to hear how they would vascillate between "I love you, I can't live another second without you" and "I hate you, I wish I had let you die on that battlefield"...coming together and repelling like magnets... and just like magnets, they repel just as strongly and they unite. Another relationship I am COMPLETELY in love with is Karou + one of the absolute best secondary characters of all time... it is Karou's tiny yet mighty best friend Zuz. Zuzzana is an amazingly sassy, fiesty, loyal tiny tiger of a character. I would totally read any and all future books with her and her handsome, violin playing boyfriend in it!

This book is lyrical yet not pretentious. It is great at making you question just who are the bad guys? Who's at fault? Who started all of this and how will it end? Who will be victorious and at what cost? I can't gush enough about this series. Imho it is shear Perfection! If you are going to check this series out I wholeheartedly suggest that you go the audiobook route, the narrator gave it that little extra jun use qua. I could go on and on but I'll spare you the fangirling and just ask this... why are you still here? GO and immerse yourself...bask in the glory of Laini Taylor's unique mind!

Overall: if you haven't read any of her work then I suggest, with all of my heart, that you start here or with another of her masterpieces, Strange The Dreamer.. you'll thank me later, I promise.

~ Enjoy!